Profiling not working for ASP.NET webforms app

Posts   
 
    
rbrown
User
Posts: 31
Joined: 11-Jun-2008
# Posted on: 22-Jun-2021 16:33:38   

Hi,

I've recently wired up the profiler (using InterceptorCore.Initialize) in my winforms and server apps, and that is working great. I'm using the profiler GUI and see the SQL commands coming through, etc. However, I've tried to profile my ASP.NET app as shown in the docs, but it does not work. I don't see any exceptions; it just doesn't emit anything to the profiler GUI. This is all on my dev machine (IIS/SQL/ORMProfiler).

What am I missing? How do I troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

LLBLGen Pro v5.8 (LLBLGen Pro Runtime, SQL Server, Adapter)

ASP.NET webforms project using .NET Framework 4.8

Packages:

<package id="SD.Tools.Algorithmia" version="1.3.6" targetFramework="net48" /> <package id="SD.Tools.BCLExtensions" version="1.2.2" targetFramework="net48" /> <package id="SD.Tools.OrmProfiler.Interceptor.NetFull" version="2.0.3" targetFramework="net48" />

web.config (under <appSettings>):

<add key="ORMProfilerEnabled" value="true"/>

Global.asax.cs:

    public class Global : HttpApplication
    {
        protected void Application_Start(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            SD.Tools.OrmProfiler.Interceptor.InterceptorCore.Initialize("AirVision.Web.Site");
rbrown
User
Posts: 31
Joined: 11-Jun-2008
# Posted on: 22-Jun-2021 17:44:00   

Scratch that. It is now working. I think the problem is more to do with ASP.NET not reloading and firing my Global.asax events as I expected. Funny, a reboot didn't fix it, but then once I did another code change, then rebuilt, then refreshed, now it's profiling.