Home
Help
Register
Log in

Search

 
   Active Threads  

You are here: Home > LLBLGen Pro > Designer> Entity Model Not Updating After Resync
 

Pages: 1
Designer
Entity Model Not Updating After Resync
Page:1/1 

  Print all messages in this thread  
Poster Message
Emmanuel
User



Location:
Ottawa, Canada
Joined on:
13-Jan-2006 23:14:31
Posted:
167 posts
# Posted on: 12-Feb-2018 00:59:20.  
Whenever I change a columns data type or remove columns from a table and then resync, my models are not updated in the LLBLGen Designer.

I have all kinds of manual edits for code-generation attributes, navigator renaming, etc so deleting and re-reverse engineering entities isn't an option. I end up manually editing my entities fields whenever we make a table change.

If the solution is to design the entity in the designer and then push the changes to the database (I'm not even sure if that exists in the Designer) then that's not an option for our development team.

Is this just a short-coming of the Designer or do am doing something wrong. I'd really like to get this resolved because it is very error-prone to manually edit entity models to match them with recent schema changes. It's also a PITA.


LLBLGen Pro Designer v5.2.1 using the LLBLGen framework.

Possibly-relevant projects settings:

Conventions > Entity Model > Database First Development > Add new elements after relational model data sync = false

Conventions > Entity Model > Database First Development > Add new fields after relational model data sync = true

Conventions > Entity Model > Database First Development > Sync mapped element names after
relational model data sync = true

Conventions > Entity Model > Database First Development > Sync renamed mapped element names after relational model data sync = true

  Top
daelmo
Support Team



Location:
Guatemala City
Joined on:
28-Nov-2005 23:35:24
Posted:
8108 posts
# Posted on: 12-Feb-2018 05:21:55.  
Please make sure that...

1. You select the Database as the "sync source" in the Sync Relational Model Data tab.

2. You are syncing from the database that has the changes, and no other.

3. The name of the catalog is the same in your Catalog Explorer as in your database.

4. At the end of the Retrieval changes wizard, see if the log actually reports changes.


David Elizondo
LLBLGen'ing (articles and code snippets) | linkedin | twitter
 
Top
sapul
User



Location:
Turkey
Joined on:
11-Jan-2019 15:10:43
Posted:
47 posts
# Posted on: 27-May-2019 09:07:52.  
Hello
we faced same problem. I've checked your points above.

We're using 5.5 (5.5.2) RTM.
our project was converted from 2.0 version.

Designer Settings
I've set the properties in the designer. It reflects to project file as below.
<Property Name="RemoveUnmappedElementsAfterRefresh_v5" Value="true" />
<Property Name="RemoveUnmappedElementsAfterRelationalModelDataSync_v5" Value="true" />

The scenerio
-> Drop column from database
-> Open designer, open project, sync database model
-> no change in the entity definition, neither log file
-> Close designer
-> Open designer, try to open the project
-> exception is thrown

Exception message:
-------------------------------
Exception type: XmlException
The target field 'NUMBER1_NOTNULL' wasn't found in mapped target 'YNA.TMP_APUL'. Line 311403, Position 14
  Top
Otis
LLBLGen Pro Team



Location:
The Hague, The Netherlands
Joined on:
17-Aug-2003 18:00:36
Posted:
37860 posts
# Posted on: 27-May-2019 09:18:07.  
This was fixed in v5.5.3 which is available under My Account:

Quote:

Fix Designer Core 5.5 5.5.3 25-Apr-2019 Removing fields in a target table could lead to fields still mapped to these fields after a DB sync


Frans Bouma
LLBLGen Pro / ORM Profiler Lead Developer | Blog | Twitter
 
Top
sapul
User



Location:
Turkey
Joined on:
11-Jan-2019 15:10:43
Posted:
47 posts
# Posted on: 27-May-2019 12:14:53.  
Solved ✔ Regular Smiley

I checked the forum pages, but I missed checking the version updates. I will follow the updates more closely.

Thanks Otis.
  Top
Pages: 1  


Powered by HnD ©2002-2007 Solutions Design
HnD uses LLBLGen Pro

Version: 2.1.12172008 Final.