I managed to fix it, using v5.10.0.
Here is the story. It's up to you to conclude if there is an issue with installer(s)
I reinstalled v5.10.1. Same issue.
I rebooted pc.
v5.9.2 - 64bit is working. v5.10.1 is not.
But hey, this is weird: I do not have any "Solutions Design" folder in my "C:\Program Files\" !!?
And indeed, all shortcuts made by the installed are pointing to the only LLBLGenPro.exe on my system, which are under the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Solutions Design\" folder. (not 100% sure about the target exe anymore, as I now know there is a _x86.exe)
So I uninstalled the two versions of LLBLgen from my system.
Cleaned up the registry to be sure.
Reinstalled v5.10.1 where I made sure that the "C:\Program Files\" folder was being used (indeed, it suggested the x86 folder)
- LLBLGenPro.exe is installed in the 64bit folder, but not in 32bit folder.
- The shortcuts are reversed (32bit pointing to programfiles, 64bit pointing to x86 folder).
Uninstall again, and this time installed v5.10.0. Suggested install folder was still x86. Changed that to "C:\Program Files\". And this time I did not install VS extension.
- LLBLGenPro.exe is installed in the 64bit folder, but not in 32bit folder. (as by design as I understand it now)
- Shortcuts both point to "C:\Program Files\". Target exe is different; 32bit points to its own _86.exe.
So, some weird stuff going on with only two variables:
- the v5.10.0 versus v5.10.1 installer
- installing VS extension yes or no.
So not sure which of those is key. But for me: case closed.
Thx for your swift responses. Much appreciated!