Home
Help
Register
Log in

Search

 
   Active Threads  

You are here: Home > LLBLGen Pro > LLBLGen Pro Runtime Framework> eval question: build server (ccnet) support / licensing
 

Pages: 1
LLBLGen Pro Runtime Framework
eval question: build server (ccnet) support / licensing
Page:1/1 

  Print all messages in this thread  
Poster Message
Dhominator
User



Location:
Nashville, TN, USA
Joined on:
28-Dec-2004 22:50:23
Posted:
16 posts
# Posted on: 19-Sep-2006 23:26:40.  
Is there a way for me to regenerate sources as part of a nightly build? This would be a cross-check to the ci build, ccnet, which would build sources from version control.

Ideally, this would not require a license nor an install of llblgen pro and could be called from a command-line interface. If a license is required, again, strong preference to not require an install on the build server... perhaps install on a workstation and copy the files to the build server.?.?

Best,
/jhd
Miles to code [generate] before I sleep...  Top
bclubb
User



Location:
Norman, Oklahoma
Joined on:
12-Feb-2004 22:18:04
Posted:
934 posts
# Posted on: 20-Sep-2006 04:30:25.  
The LLBLGen Pro SDK contains command line tools. Aglaia will have to answer what type of licensing you'll be looking for on the build server.

  Top
Otis
LLBLGen Pro Team



Location:
The Hague, The Netherlands
Joined on:
17-Aug-2003 18:00:36
Posted:
37803 posts
# Posted on: 20-Sep-2006 10:55:31.  
Dhominator wrote:
Is there a way for me to regenerate sources as part of a nightly build? This would be a cross-check to the ci build, ccnet, which would build sources from version control.

Ideally, this would not require a license nor an install of llblgen pro and could be called from a command-line interface. If a license is required, again, strong preference to not require an install on the build server... perhaps install on a workstation and copy the files to the build server.?.?

Best,
/jhd

The generator engine isn't royalty free, it requires a license. So if you're using a buildserver, you need a license for that buildserver, as the code generator and parts of the designer are located on that buildserver. The elements which are royalty free and don't require a license are the generated code and the runtime libs.
Frans Bouma
LLBLGen Pro / ORM Profiler Lead Developer | Blog | Twitter
 
Top
Dhominator
User



Location:
Nashville, TN, USA
Joined on:
28-Dec-2004 22:50:23
Posted:
16 posts
# Posted on: 20-Sep-2006 19:57:32.  
Understood re: license.

Can this be done without an actual install? I try to keep the build server installs to a minimum, ideally just the .net sdk.

Have you considered separating the code generation from the designer in the future? This would fit better with the concept of build servers/ci.

Best,
/jhd


Miles to code [generate] before I sleep...  Top
Otis
LLBLGen Pro Team



Location:
The Hague, The Netherlands
Joined on:
17-Aug-2003 18:00:36
Posted:
37803 posts
# Posted on: 20-Sep-2006 21:04:17.  
Dhominator wrote:
Understood re: license.

Can this be done without an actual install? I try to keep the build server installs to a minimum, ideally just the .net sdk.

Sure, you just need a couple of assemblies. Regular Smiley The installer mainly does a copy action anyway, so it's not a big thing, but you could copy over assemblies from an actual install.

Quote:

Have you considered separating the code generation from the designer in the future? This would fit better with the concept of build servers/ci.
Best,
/jhd

The code generator is actually separated, it's an engine which is based on tasks and each task can for example call into a code generator engine, or create a directory or whatever you can come up with (for example check out code / check in code, build etc.), as you can write these task performers yourself with a couple of lines of code.

For licensing it's not separately licensed, so you've to purchase a license to use it.
Frans Bouma
LLBLGen Pro / ORM Profiler Lead Developer | Blog | Twitter
 
Top
emorrison
User



Location:

Joined on:
01-Apr-2008 17:59:34
Posted:
2 posts
# Posted on: 01-Apr-2008 18:59:54.  
A license isn't a problem for us, but does anyone have an example of how to do a nightly build using the SDK?

(1) Refresh all catalogs.
(2) Add new entities mapped on tables from catalogs.
(3) Add new entities mapped on views from catalogs.
(4) Add new typed views from catalogs.
(5) Add stored procedure calls.
(6) Generate.

Thanks for the assistance!
Ed


  Top
Otis
LLBLGen Pro Team



Location:
The Hague, The Netherlands
Joined on:
17-Aug-2003 18:00:36
Posted:
37803 posts
# Posted on: 01-Apr-2008 19:29:04.  
Answered in your other thread Regular Smiley
Frans Bouma
LLBLGen Pro / ORM Profiler Lead Developer | Blog | Twitter
 
Top
Pages: 1  


Powered by HnD ©2002-2007 Solutions Design
HnD uses LLBLGen Pro

Version: 2.1.12172008 Final.