Home
Help
Register
Log in

Search

 
   Active Threads  

You are here: Home > LLBLGen Pro > Bugs & Issues> Delete not working on entities?
 

Pages: 1
Bugs & Issues
Delete not working on entities?
Page:1/1 

  Print all messages in this thread  
Poster Message
bonder
User



Location:

Joined on:
23-Sep-2003 05:05:17
Posted:
36 posts
# Posted on: 04-Nov-2003 17:22:03.  
We have noticed that we are unable to delete entities on one of our projects. Is anyone else seeing this?

--Bruce
  Top
Otis
LLBLGen Pro Team



Location:
The Hague, The Netherlands
Joined on:
17-Aug-2003 18:00:36
Posted:
37635 posts
# Posted on: 04-Nov-2003 17:45:45.  
bonder wrote:
We have noticed that we are unable to delete entities on one of our projects. Is anyone else seeing this?

--Bruce

I can delete entities here, so it works in some situations Wink.

Can you step into the code for me to check out what the query is that is executed? (step into the DAO object, step over the IActionQuery construction statement, go to cmd window in vs.net, type: ?((ActionQuery)deleteQuery).ToString()

Also, are you simply calling Delete() on the entity or are you calling DeleteMulti() on the collection?


Frans Bouma
LLBLGen Pro / ORM Profiler Lead Developer | Blog | Twitter
 
Top
bonder
User



Location:

Joined on:
23-Sep-2003 05:05:17
Posted:
36 posts
# Posted on: 04-Nov-2003 23:18:42.  
Otis wrote:
Can you step into the code for me to check out what the query is that is executed? (step into the DAO object, step over the IActionQuery construction statement, go to cmd window in vs.net, type: ?((ActionQuery)deleteQuery).ToString()


I'll get this information for you.

Quote:
Also, are you simply calling Delete() on the entity or are you calling DeleteMulti() on the collection?


On the entity, but the entity has related entities and there is not a cascading delete on the relationship. This will affect the delete result, yes?

--Bruce
  Top
Otis
LLBLGen Pro Team



Location:
The Hague, The Netherlands
Joined on:
17-Aug-2003 18:00:36
Posted:
37635 posts
# Posted on: 05-Nov-2003 10:35:39.  
bonder wrote:
Otis wrote:
Can you step into the code for me to check out what the query is that is executed? (step into the DAO object, step over the IActionQuery construction statement, go to cmd window in vs.net, type: ?((ActionQuery)deleteQuery).ToString()

I'll get this information for you.

Ok Regular Smiley
I tested it on Northwind. Loaded a customer, Called Delete() and it worked.

Quote:

Quote:
Also, are you simply calling Delete() on the entity or are you calling DeleteMulti() on the collection?

On the entity, but the entity has related entities and there is not a cascading delete on the relationship. This will affect the delete result, yes?

If the entity you're trying to delete has a PK value which is referenced by a related entity as a FK, it will fail of course. (but that's then reflected in an exception).


Frans Bouma
LLBLGen Pro / ORM Profiler Lead Developer | Blog | Twitter
 
Top
Pages: 1  


Powered by HnD ©2002-2007 Solutions Design
HnD uses LLBLGen Pro

Version: 2.1.12172008 Final.