This section describes all changes, new additions, breaking changes and fixes made to the Entity Framework support.
The following new features / changes have been made to the support for Entity Framework Core
- Netstandard 1.6 support. When selected as target platform, the designer will generate a csproj file in the Visual Studio 2017 format, targeting Netstandard 1.6.
- Setting to generate a field as a readonly property and a setting to generate readonly fields as readonly properties. Both use the Entity Framework Core 1.1.x feature of backing fields instead of auto-properties.
- Support for Read-only entities
- Setting to select the CollectionType for a navigator which returns a set. It's now possible to specify as type
ICollection<T>instead of the default
Setting the CollectionType for a navigator to
List<T>will now produce code in the constructor of the entity to set the navigator to an instance of
List<T>respectively. If you select
IEnumerable<T>as navigator return type, you have to instantiate the navigator manually.
- Entity Framework Core v1.x support. Entity Framework Core v1.x is now fully supported.
No additions have been made for Entity Framework support in v5.0.
- Entity Framework 6: Code First support. Code first is now fully supported for Entity Framework v6.
- Entity Framework 6: Unintended Code First triggering interception support added For normal DbContext usage the OnModelCreating method is also overriden in DbContext, and will throw an exception, as it will only be invoked if the user has specified the connection string wrong, which will cause EF to go into CodeFirst mode.
- Entity Framework 6 support. Entity Framework v6 is now fully supported.
- New settings for Spatial types and StoreGeneratedPattern control. These settings are available on Entity Framework v5 and up.