LLBLGen Pro's designer needs the .NET framework v4.0
or higher to run.
The .NET framework is a free download from Microsoft: click here to go there.
The generated code requires .NET 3.5 or higher to run. You can generate code for .NET 3.5/4.0/4.5
LLBLGen Pro ships with support for the following databases:
- SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008R2/2012/Express/CE Desktop/SQL Azure
- Oracle 9i/10g/11g (using ODP.NET)
- Oracle 9i/10g/11g (using Microsoft's Oracle provider)
- PostgreSql 7.4+/8.x/9.x (using the Npgsql provider)
- Firebird 1.x/2.x (using Firebird Client provider for .NET)
- MS Access 2000/XP/2003/2007/2010/2013 (using OleDb)
- IBM DB2 UDB 7.x/8.x/9.x/10.x (using IBM DB2 .NET provider) (not on iSeries)
- MySql 4.x/5.x (using Core Lab's MySql .NET provider v3.x/v4.x or DevArt's MySql .NET provider v5.x)
- Sybase iAnywhere (ASA)
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
: Be aware that not all databases are supported by the supported O/R mapper frameworks. For example Linq to Sql only supports SQL Server and Entity Framework
doesn't support Oracle nor MS Access. Please consult the LLBLGen Pro documentation for the supported O/R mapper frameworks or the specific feature descriptions on our website (see the 'Features' menu on the left) for details about which databases
are supported for which O/R mapper frameworks. SQL Azure is not supported for database-first projects in the designer, it is supported as a target database in the LLBLGen Pro Runtime Framework.
To be able to determine the complete schema and all the relationships inside it, LLBLGen Pro requires that the schemas have all the foreign
key constraints and unique constraints necessary. If your schema doesn't have foreign key constraints, you can add these relationships manually in the designer.
The following list explains the requirements per supported database type.
SQL Server / CE Desktop
No special requirements.
Oracle 9i/10g/11g (ODP.NET)
To use Oracle 9i/10g/11g with LLBLGen Pro, you need to have the following installed:
Oracle 9i/10g/11g (Microsoft)
- ODP.NET build for .NET 2.0 or higher which is a free download from Oracle
- Oracle client 10.0 or higher (which is a requirement for ODP.NET and is embedded in the ODP.NET installation)
To use Oracle 9i/10g/11g using Microsoft's provider for Oracle with LLBLGen Pro, you need the following installed:
- Oracle CLI client for 9i or higher.
To use PostgreSql 7.4+/8.x/9.x with LLBLGen Pro, you need to have the following installed:
- the Npgsql provider, available at the PostgreSql website.
To use Firebird 1.x/2.x with LLBLGen Pro, you need to have the following installed:
MS Access 2000/XP/2003/2007/2010/2013
No special requirements. For MS Access usage on x64 Windows systems, install the 64bit JET driver (MS Access 2007/2010/2013) from
IBM DB2 UDB 7.x/8.x/9.x/10.x
To use IBM DB2 UDB 7.x/8.x/9.x/10.x with LLBLGen Pro, you need to have the following installed:
- IBM DB2 .NET provider, which comes with the latest ClientAccess software for DB2. Click here to get to the download page for the DB2 runtime client lite which contains also the client and the .NET provider.
- IBM DB2 Client Access, which contains the DB2 client and CLI interface
To use MySql 4.x/5.x with LLBLGen Pro you need to have the following installed:
Sybase iAnywhere (ASA)
- DevArt's MySqlConnect .NET provider v5.x or higher (express version is sufficient)
To use Sybase iAnywhere with LLBLGen Pro, you need to have the following installed:
Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
- Sybase iAnywhere provider, v10.0.1.34152 or higher.
- Sybase iAnywhere client software
To use Sybase ASE with LLBLGen Pro, you need to have the following installed:
- Sybase ASE provider, v1.15.50 or higher.
- Sybase ASE client software