Posted on: 05-Mar-2005 01:29:52.
Posted with Frans' permission! Please be patient with the marketing slime that starts this all off, and focus on the meat down at the bottom! (ewww!)
Mid-Level .Net Developer
iHomeowners, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Mid-Level .Net Developer to join the team in our Calabasas, CA location.
iHomeowners is a leader in Internet marketing for the mortgage, real estate and insurance industries. We draw more than one million unique visitors a month to our-commerce sites; LoanWeb.com, 4insurance.com and 4homes.com.
Founded in 1996, the company is one of the oldest internet marketing companies in America with an average 94.2% annual growth.
iHomeowners' subscribers include the nation's leading mortgage and insurance providers.
LoanWeb®, 4insurance® and 4homes(TM) offer consumers an online destination for comparison shopping the industry's best companies for the best rates.
iHomeowners inclusion in Inc. Magazine's 2004 prestigious Inc. 500 illustrates the company's achievement at recognizing and delivering the services their clients and consumers want.
iHomeowners offers a stable, relaxed and creative work environment with competitive compensation packages including:
The Usual Stuff
• Paid vacation/holiday/sick time
• Fully paid employee health plan
The Cool Stuff
• Aggressive use of the latest tools and technologies
• Big and beautiful 21” monitors!
• 1GB RAM!
• Free pizza every other Friday!
• Half days on Fridays!
• Business casual (jeans, shorts, t-shirts) on Fridays!
• Annual IT education/training budget
The ideal candidate for this position will have a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) and 5+ years of application development experience. Candidate must have experience with Winforms and ASP.NET application development. MCSD.NET certification is a plus.
Required skills include:
• Solid design skills focusing on scalability and performance
• Demonstrable ability to profile and improve existing codebase performance
• T-SQL Stored procedures and triggers
• Visual Basic.NET including Web Services and Remoting
• Visual Basic 6.0
• ASP 3.0
• Visual Source Safe
Bonus skills include:
• LLBLGen Pro
• BizTalk 2004
• SharePoint Portal Services 2003
• Service-Oriented Architecture
Experience with (or eagerness to learn) Extreme Programming/Agile Development will be very helpful.
Candidates should possess strong capabilities in design, coding, and testing as well as overall problem solving skills.
Good verbal/written communication skills and a strong work ethic are integral to success in our highly interactive team environment. The .NET Developer must display the ability to interface with both developers and non-technical co-workers.
Responsibilities will include:
• Gather and write requirements when provided problem statements
• Design solutions without supervision
• Develop web-based applications that include on-demand reporting,
customer service facilities and B2B solutions
• Focus on a Service Oriented Architecture
• Develop automated programs to support backend processing
• Construct Tests for both unit and functional testing
• Provide supervision and guidance to developers
Please submit your resume and salary history for immediate review.
We do not offer visa sponsorship. We are an equal opportunity employer.
No third party inquiries, please.
Please send your resume to
Director of IT
Posted on: 05-Mar-2005 02:57:38.
Sweet to see the market turning around again. Feels like 1999 all over! Weeded out all the 'I can do that in MS-Access in only 20 hours' developers, and now those of us who tended our skills and reputations for these down years will be cashing in. Woohoo!
(And free pizza every other Fridays!)