Forum:  Bugs & Issues

Thread:  Sequence call is not using db2SchemaNameOverwrites


jovball (User)   Posted on: 12-Oct-2017 15:51:53.
This is for 5.2 (5.2.1) RTM.

We are attempting to use a sequence in DB2. This is our first time using that with DB2 and LLBLGen. (We have used it previously with SQL Server and LLBLGen).

The call works correctly in our development environment which has the base schema name used for LLBLGen code generation. However, in other environments where the schema name is different, the db2SchemaNameOverwrites is not working.

IOW, the call looks like this
Code:

SELECT NEXTVAL FOR DEVDB.MY_SEQ1 FROM SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1


But it should look like this
Code:

SELECT NEXTVAL FOR PRODDB.MY_SEQ1 FROM SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1





Walaa (Support Team)   Posted on: 12-Oct-2017 18:40:43.
Please post the db2SchemaNameOverwrites config section.

Do you have it in the config file of the application (executable project)?


jovball (User)   Posted on: 12-Oct-2017 21:42:44.
I don't think that's the issue. All other queries are correctly overwriting the schema name. It's only the sequence call that is failing.

Here's what the config sections look like. I've replaced the actual values with fake values.

Code:

<configSections>
    <section name="db2SchemaNameOverwrites" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler" />
</configSections>
    <db2SchemaNameOverwrites>
        <add key="DEVDB" value="PRODDB" />
    </db2SchemaNameOverwrites>

Otis (LLBLGen Pro Team)   Posted on: 13-Oct-2017 10:06:40.
Bug. Will fix.

Otis (LLBLGen Pro Team)   Posted on: 13-Oct-2017 10:40:29.
Fixed in hotfix 5.2.4 / 5.1.7 (now available on the website)
jovball (User)   Posted on: 13-Oct-2017 16:29:11.
Yes, that fixed the problem. Regular Smiley

Thanks for the quick response.